Relationship work can be transformational...
I'm not saying it's easy--addressing challenges of disappointment, anger, or not being able to achieve the kind of intimacy you'd like with your partner requires dedication. Often we feel alone and misunderstood, and are confused by failed attempts to make things work. But by starting to become deeply aware of hidden emotions and expressing them, it can lead to profound healing.
I guide couples in discerning the underlying feelings and unmet needs that are posing challenges. We use communication practices that embrace sensitivity, directness, passion and tenderness, so that regardless of the issues you might be facing, you can learn to express and share your deepest convictions with each other, in safety.
We explore and envision how you would like your future together to be, whether the relationship has just begun or is decades long. We'll get clarity on the challenges to be addressed, and discern ways to respond in the face of conflict, mistrust, health issues, finances, family concerns, and differing lifestyle choices. Some areas of important focus are:
- Becoming more attuned and connected energetically, affectionately and sexually
- Learning to constructively communicate preferences, needs and desires
- Resolving conflict through practices that lessen tensions and create safety with and in each other
- Processing and sharing with more sensitivity, balance, and trust
- Overcoming obstacles with remarriage, blended families, parenting, and life transitions
- Defining spectrum of commitment, what infidelity means, empathizing with grief, rebuilding trust or ending partnership
- Dealing with Mental or physical health issues, and how to better care for one another or solicit the help that's needed
- Learning attachment patterns and tendencies and the emotions that are woven into the dynamics that create suffering
- Exploring life focus and potential that may include work or commitment beyond the relationship itself-- community involvement or shared passions that often bring couples closer, and are good for the world
- Discovering and expressing your deepest convictions, what they mean and how they effect your partner.
I offer continual encouragement for couples to express their hearts and engage in authentic relationships.